Thursday, February 3, 2011

Miss Kearsarge Valley!

On January 29th at about 8:30pm I had the honor of being crowned Miss Kearsarge Valley! I was crowned by one of my friends Lauren Gorgol and I couldn't be happier. The day went very well, my interview was great so I felt very good going into competition. I had a wonderful afternoon hanging out with some of my greatest friends (Meghan L, Holly B, Rebecca S, Regan, Lauren, Mackenzie, Aimee, Devenn and many other wonderful girls...sorry I can't remember everyone!) The theme was leather and lace so we learned a very exciting opening number choreographed by the former Miss Keene and Miss Kearsarge. The rest of the night was flawless from my perspective, Talent went off without a hitch, evening wear and swimsuit were great and I even managed to make the audience laugh during on stage question. I felt like the stars were a-lined at this pageant for me. When they were calling the runners up I prepared myself for whatever was going to happen. Two of my greatest friends Meghan L and Holly B placed which was very exciting. The moment they called my name for Miss Kearsarge Valley I was in complete shock, I immediately began crying and was overwhelmed with happiness. Next they called Miss Keene and it was my friend Regan and all I remember is the giant hug! We were both so excited to begin our journey to Miss NH. After we went to our new directors house celebrated and discussed the rest of our year together! It is looking like we are going to have a lot of fun!
 I had been competing since June at the very first local Miss Greater Derry. My journey to winning a local title was long and hard but very rewarding. I learned alot about myself and really had a fun time doing it. I am so thrilled to be heading to Miss New Hampshire in April, it will be my second time competing at this pageant so I am no longer rookie! This years title for me will be about being my personal best. I am very excited to represent the Kearsarge Valley and I hope to spread awareness about my platform, Empower Yourself: The positive impacts of counseling.

This weekend is the last local title competition, It will be my first appearance as Miss Kearsarge Valley! I am very excited to find out who will be competing for Miss New Hampshire with me in April! Good Luck Girls!!

No comments:

Post a Comment