Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Miss Merrimack/ Granite State

I braved the storm to go watch the last local pageant held on February 5th. It was certainly a nail bitter and every single contestant deserved to be on that stage. I was thoroughly impressed with the opening number choreographed by Erica Millet who is currently Miss Greater Plaistow. It was so lively and definitely caught the audiences attention. The title holders giving up their crowns were my great friend Brittany Dube and my old Miss NH roommate Caitlin Mcglinchey. They did an amazing job and were so entertaining. The host was former Miss NH Michele Lamontagne who was fantastic, she even sang "crazy." Her talent definitely showed me why she was a former Miss NH. I felt really touched by her performance because of the passion she put into it, I felt a connection with her as a vocalist, I feel like she feels the songs just as much as I do.At the end of the night we were all on the edge of our seats. The runners up were Heather Comstock, Elizabeth Dale and Devenn Glickman. The winners were Meghan Lamontagne as Miss Granite State and Lauren April. I was so happy for Meghan because it is her last year eligible to compete in the Miss America program and it was well deserved. She is an amazing competitor but also one of the sweetest most genuine people you will ever meet. This was Laurens first "miss" competitions and just from watching her compete she deserved to be on the Miss NH stage with us. She is a very smart, well spoken and talented young lady and I am excited to get to know her better. As for everyone else competing u couldn't have been more impressed.

I am excited to have all the locals finished and know everyone that is going to be competing  this year. It is definitely going to be a exciting show and with so many great girls you never know what will happen. My goal is still to do my absolute best and just be myself. I can't wait to see what is store next for me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment